Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

Last Thanksgiving, Tyler and I spent Thanksgiving with his side of the family. I mean his WHOLE FAMILY!!! Like, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins; so it was A LOT OF PEOPLE, but a WHOLE LOT OF FUN!

The dinner was at my in-laws, so I offered to help with food and the center pieces for the tables. 

I took the Floral Design course at Brigham Young University and one of our projects was doing an Autumn arrangement in a pumpkin.
I wanted to do these arrangements as the center pieces. I did one large arrangement with seven small arrangements. All the arrangements had the same flowers, but these pictures turned out the best.
 The flowers in these arrangements are: carnations, gerber daisies, chrysanthemums, bachelor buttons, other berries, and different greens. These flowers came in a bunch from Costco.
I thought these arrangements turned out beautifully! I was so proud of myself for doing them and how well they looked after they were done. 

I believe for special occasions or holidays are so much better with floral arrangements. It is another way to decorate and celebrate the different holidays.

For flowers that bloom about our feet;
For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
For song of bird, and hum of bee;
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment