Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ana and Andre

Last February, a Sister moved into my ward. The news of her upcoming wedding spread throughout our ward. Her wedding was in a week! I found out she didn't have anything for her wedding. No family, no dress, no photographer, no reception was planned, and no flowers.  My ward took care of her reception, her dress, and "family" (members of my ward stepped in to play the role of family). As a wedding present to Ana and Andre I did their flowers.
 It was a beautiful blue and white winter day.
I talked with Ana about the colors she wanted and what she wanted the flowers to look like. I showed her a picture of a elegant wild flower looking bouquet and she really liked it, so I tried to copy it.
 The flowers in her bouquet are blue hydrangea, delphinium, white roses, and off-white tulips. Her dress was more of an ivory color so the off-white tulips and the ivory ribbon combined all the colors together beautifully.
Ana wanted her pictures taken in the Provo City Courthouse. I thought the colors, the elegance, and the feel of the court house were perfect. She made a really great choice.
Andre's boutonniere has a white rose, delphinium, with some green leaves (forgive me for not knowing the name). The ribbon is an ivory color.
  
I was very thankful that I was able to do the flowers for Ana and Andre's wedding. I thought they were a very wonderful couple. I thought they were very brave to do this, get married, all by themselves. I admired how much love they have for each other, they were willing to just get married with no big reception or anything on their day. They were just happy being able to be married to each other. 

"Love is meant to be an adventure." -Gordon B. Hinckley

Oh I asked my very talented little sister, Heather Allred, to take their wedding pictures. She did a fantastic job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment