Monday, March 4, 2013

Hannah and Scott

I was asked by my sister-in-law, Hannah (haha! yes we have the same name), if I could do some of the flowers for her wedding. I helped with the luncheon flowers. The table cloths were white. So, the flowers were a bouquet of colorful flowers.
 We got the flowers as bunches from Costco, so there are many different flowers in these bunches. Like, Gerber daises, types of Chrysanthemums,  Aster, and others. They looked very beautiful on the white table cloths in a beautiful backyard.
The color's Hannah had for her wedding were teal and purple. The combination was very beautiful in the flowers and the reception. Hannah had her bridesmaids wear these pretty purple dresses she got them, and I made the bouquets they all held.
(this picture was taken by Tracy Anderson)
I didn't do the brides bouquet. Jeralee Renshaw did the bride's bouquet, and it was simply gorgeous. In the bridesmaid bouquets there were both white and purple roses, and calla lilies that were purple and white.Then I added the teal color with the ribbon that held the bouquets together.
  Hannah found a picture she wanted the bouquets to look like. In the picture the bouquet had little jewels in them. So, I added the jewels to the bridesmaids bouquets and to the ladies corsages as well.
They turned out to be very, very pretty.
The groomsmen boutonnieres turned out great as well! They were wearing black tuxedos with black vests, and teal bow ties. The groom, Scott, wore a black tuxedos with a white vest. They all looked really handsome. My husband Tyler, who is Scott's older brother, is the big and tall one on the left of Scott. Doesn't he look hot! :)
(this picture was taken by Tracy Anderson)
I did the groomsmen boutonnieres, and Jeralee Renshaw did the grooms boutonniere (which also looked very nice). The flowers for the boutonnieres were a white and purple calla lily, lavender, and some bear grass. I wrapped the boutonnieres with a purple ribbon.
 The teal was added by the bow ties. Hannah also wanted to add the jewel to the boutonnieres by their pins.
 (this picture was taken by Tracy Anderson)
Oh these boys were being so helpful while the girls were getting their pictures taken :)

The boutonnieres were also for the fathers, grandfathers, and other men who were part of the wedding party. The mothers, grandmothers, and other women of the wedding party wore ladies corsages.
As you can see the flowers for the women corsages were a white rose, a purple and white calla lily, lavender, and some ivy. You can see the jewel in the front of the corsage. The corsages were wrapped in a silver ribbon, with a jewel pin.

The couple looked beautiful, the reception was beautiful, the people were beautiful, and the flowers were beautiful (if I am allowed to say so). The colors went beautifully together! All-in-all, it was a beautiful day.

I asked Hannah to give me a quote on how she felt the flowers turned out. She gave me this wonderful quote, which I am very thankful for:

"Hannah did the family boutonnieres and bridesmaid bouquets for our wedding and they were stunning. She was very careful to get the details exactly and to be sure we were on the same level of understanding. She was extremely helpful with tips and suggestions and she presented her arrangements beautifully. The bouquets were loved and praised by everyone and the family's boutonniere's while simple, were very elegant. Everything was absolutely gorgeous. I am very grateful for her."

 Thank you Hannah! I am very thankful you asked me to do them! I learned a lot doing this event, and I am very pleased with how all the flowers turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment