Friday, March 1, 2013

August 12, 2011

The first major event that I have done is my own wedding flowers!

 My colors were dark blue, pale yellow, and white. My husband and I both have blue eyes so I wanted dark blue, so our eyes would "pop out". I think this color combination is so pretty and goes very well together.
Dark blue and pale yellow were perfect colors for an August wedding. Even the colors of the sky and the sun that day were perfect. I wanted flowers every where during the reception. These are just a few close up pictures so you can see the different bouquets. We had our reception outside so there were planted flowers, but I had three large bouquets of flowers and flowers on every table.
The flowers in the bouquets are: white and yellow Roses, white Stocks, white Gerber daisies, Delphiniums, dark blue Iris', white Mums, and Baby's Breath.
 All of the grooms men and brides maids look great during our special day. Since the reception was outside I had my brides maids in blue skirts with their own white shirts, with a blue floral print fabric belt. The grooms men where in suits (they were not happy with me) but they look really nice, with their blue ties.
 I was also going for a very wild flower look. That is why my bouquet and the brides maid bouquets are not in the "ball" form that everyone is doing. I wanted the flowers I choose to just "flow". The flowers in the bouquets are: white Gerber daisies, Delphiniums, white and yellow Roses. The boutonnieres for my husband and his grooms men are: a white Rose, Delphiniums, and my husband boutonnieres had yellow Bachelor Buttons.


My wedding day turn out to be perfect! Not only did I marry the man of my dreams, but everything went how I wanted it too (especially my flowers).
Haha! This little collage is just funny to me. When I was getting my picture taken with my little sister/bridesmaid, there was a gust of wind that blew my veil over our heads. It was really funny and we were laughing so hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment