Thursday, March 20, 2014

McKay's Senior Homecoming


I told you I wouldn't be very good at this. As you know, and I'm sure you all have experienced, life happens and life gets busy. I still have done the flowers for a few events, though.

The next event is my baby brother's Senior Homecoming. He looks so handsome when he gets all dressed up. :) Is it wrong to be proud of your brother's good looks?


To match his good looks was his date! Don't they look cute! I did McKay's boutonniere and his date's corsage.

When the main color the couple is wearing, is a deep and dark color; I love complementing it with white! It makes a bold statement and is a great contrast. It just adds to the depth to the main color! The main color here, as you can see, is blue! (Which is my favorite :) )


FYI: I also took their homecoming pictures, so I played around with editing a bit. Sorry its not easy to see the flowers. They were a fun couple to take pictures of, because they always had a smile on their face.


I wanted to make the boutonniere simple, but elegant. I only used two flowers: white spray roses and babies breath. I used a blue tulle to add that deep blue in to the arrangement. The simpleness of the boutonniere doesn't degrade McKay's look, it just adds to his handsomeness. It complements it, because of the contrast in colors the blue looks bluer and the white looks whiter.


I love this picture, because it is showing off all the girls corsages, but I only did McKay's date's corsage (on the far left, in the bright blue dress). Her corsage had the same flowers as McKay's boutonniere: white spray roses and baby's breath. I also added a blue tulle bow in the middle of her corsage to compliment her dress. The tulle and her dress are the same color! I love it when that happens! I also found, as I have made corsages, I love using the base/bracelet part that looks like an actual bracelet; especially for occasions as dances or weddings. Notice how her bracelet has pearl beads, it just makes the whole corsage look 10x better!



I just have to say, I had a blast taking pictures of this group. They were fun and goofy group that laughed the whole time. We were taking pictures for probably 1.5 hours, because they were having so much fun! They wanted picture after picture! Thanks McKay for having such great friends!


Sorry another edited picture, but I just love this picture! You can see both arrangements, since the flowers were white anyway, it doesn't make such a difference with the special effects :p
I am glad McKay asks me to  do the flowers and taking pictures for his high school dances. Being four years older and living under a different roof, this gives us a chance to spend time together and have fun! Little McKay! I remember helping Mom take care of you as a baby, now you are growing into this tall, big, handsome, and righteous man. I have loved being there for you and becoming one your best friends! Thanks bud! Love you a whole bunch!




No comments:

Post a Comment