Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Grandpa Christensen's Wedding

My husband's Grandma Christensen passed away in Dec. of 2012. We were all worried about Grandpa Christensen, because he still has many good years left and we didn't want him to spend them alone. Well thankfully, Grandpa found Katie! I had the great opportunity to help Tyler's Aunt Fran with the flowers for their wedding!


This was a new experience for me. I have never done a cascading bouquet before. :P
And to be quite honest. I loved it! If I could I would go back and do my wedding bouquet as cascading. (I have told my two sisters, they both are having cascading bouquets). I just love how it turned out and the look of it. It is so elegant. The white flowers, with a touch of silver and blue also added to the elegance; but the shape of the bouquet was the key.


Katie wanted the colors to be blue and white, because they got married December 2013. Which I thought was very appropriate color choice. Aunt Fran and I also wanted to add in some silver, to help make the feel of the whole wedding a Winter Wonderland. I found these great berries that were spray painted silver and they turned out perfectly. To incorporate the festive time of year I used mostly ever greens, with some other greens, as fillers. Katie told Aunt Fran she wanted daises, because those were her favorite flower. I also used white roses, white mums, and a white hydrangea. To help add blue to the bouquet, I added blue ribbon. I also used the ribbon to add length to the cascading effect of the bouquet.


I made corsages and boutonnieres for the the couple's kids. I made the corsages similar to the bouquet. I used daises and Peruvian lilies, with those great silver berries. You can see the blue ribbon I used at the end of the corsage. You can't really see it, but I used small pieces of ever green as well. 


For the boutonnieres I used a white rose, daisies, evergreen, and the silver berries. With the blue ribbon and pins with a pearl bead at the head.

I was very pleased with how these flowers turned out. I loved seeing them all together and finished. I was so happy to be able to help with Grandpa Christensen's second wedding. :)

(FYI: I'm sorry about the picture quality. My camera on my phone is not the best and the lighting was terrible. Those are my excuses :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment