Sunday, June 2, 2013

McKay's Prom Dinner

I never went to prom, so when my younger siblings got asked I was super excited. This past school year my little brother, McKay, had his prom dinner at my parents house. My mom asked me to help her set up the table settings and do the table center pieces.
My dad, my husband, and some of my other siblings made the dinner, Chinese food! Yum! Since the dinner was Chinese food, my mom wanted a Chinese themed table.
I have seen oriental floral arrangements, but never created one. I was excited to try my hand at one. 



I really enjoyed trying to make this arrangement look as oriental as I could. 
My mom said they looked pretty. :) 




The flowers in these arrangements are: Rose, Stock, Spider Mums, Peruvian Lilies, Queen Anne's Lace, Dasies, Smaller Mums, and some extra flowers from my mom's yard. As you can see these flowers are white.




The flowers are in an a bowl like shape with a wide opening. I put green foam in the vase so I could place the flowers in the exact spots I wanted them. Then I covered the foam with moss. 

The tables turned out beautifully, according to my mom. 

I also made the corsage for McKay's date.



My mom and I found a picture of a beautiful corsage. We used white flowers and a black bracelet, because McKay's date wore a green dress. This looked very pretty with her dress. 
The flowers I used in her corsage are: Mums, Spray Roses, Wax, and Peruvian Lilies. Once again they are all white flowers.


We added the white pearl jewels and pins to give it a elegant look. I used a white sheer ribbon to combine the corsage together.
And yes this is my wrist, because that is my wedding ring.

I had a lot of fun doing this for my little brother! I'm glad I could help make his prom date a fun experience. From what he said, his date liked his corsage and the other people in his group date really enjoyed the dinner. They probably enjoyed the food more than the flowers, but I really enjoyed getting the dinner, table, and flowers ready.
I took the pictures in this post.

All of this, because I love my little brudda. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment